Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's a Bear Hunt

As a follow up to my other posting, today is the day of the "It's a Bear Hunt" musical. The PSI was waaaaaay up high at 371 at 1pm, and I received a message from hubby asking me to abandon plans for the musical and just stay at home. I didn't want to waste the tickets, so I told him I will try to minimise the impact on P by taking a cab there and back.

P, who has been cooped up at home these past few days due to the haze, was more than happy to leave the house. I booked a cab, so we didn't wait out in the haze trying to catch one. The moment we reached the National Library, P's delight was infectious. She raced around laughing for no apparent reason. She saw kids and try to befriend them. 
The musical was to take place at the Drama Centre on L3. We arrived ahead of time, so P had plenty of time to mingle around, running and falling on the carpeted floor, no damage done. 15 min before the play, we made our way to the theatre and our seats (4th row from the stage).

Show started quite on time. There were essentially only 3 characters in the entire musical. The opening dance was quite refreshing, but I was looking really forward to the "bear hunt" itself. The "bear" turned out to be the Gain IQ bear which appears at random times to play hide and seek. The whole plot just didn't match up to my expectations. I had hoped for more bear appearances, which is what P is really excited about. I guessed the Santa Claus the Musical sets the benchmark too high - changing backdrops, plenty of characters, engaging music.

After the show, there was a chance to take a picture with the Gain IQ bear. P was really happy.

We headed to basement to check out this tree house area for kids. Took off our shoes to climb the tree structure, and P refused to put on her shoes after that! I tried a few times to get her to put it on, but was always met with an adamant "NO!!!" Sigh, the independence streak...

There was plenty of space for her to run around and she did that with gusto. Despite our concerns about bringing her out in the haze, I'm really happy I chose to bring her out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment