Thursday, December 19, 2013

We're in the Blue Team!

Happy to announce that we're joining the blue team this time round! Visited the gynae this morning with hubby and P in tow. I'm quite surprised hubby still involves himself in gynae visits for this pregnancy, and he even took half day leave for this routine visit. To be honest, my expectations of him are very low this time, having gone through 1 pregnancy together, I'd expected visiting the gynae alone most of the time. He has made it for 2/3 visits so far, which I thought was quite impressive, haha. 

Anyway, back to the visit... I'd done a blood test during the previous visit and Dr. Teo went through results with me today. She said the results are very good, sufficient blood for the pregnancy etc. The only red flag is that I'm out of Hep B antibodies and will need to go for jab after I deliver, but I already knew this from the health screening back in June. 

Next up is the scan, and the moment of truth. We went through the usual organs and hearing the heartbeat (it was at 158 today), and then she started looking for the privates haha. This whole gender thing feels so much like an exam to me and made me so nervous! It felt like failure when you don't get the gender you/your spouse desire. Hubby was very disappointed when #1 turned out to be a girl (although he loves his little princess to bits after she's out), so the stress level was quite high this time round. Gynae went "Oooh, looks like you are expecting... (I held my breath and I'm sure hubby was doing the same) a boy! Why did I say that? Look, this is the bottom view of baby. This are the legs (forming a V shape) and see what you have between the legs." Yes, unmistakable testicles, unmistakable blue team. 

P did a hilarious rendition of the gynae visit in the car while we were on our way home. "Doctor put sticker (actually is a napkin to prevent the gel from getting on my clothes) on mama's tummy, then tut tut tut (sound of baby's heartbeat). Then baby touch his face (she repeated what the gynae said)." Haha, I laughed till I cried.

To our beloved #2 Clyde Tan, we'll see you in 6 months' time. Can't wait!
P/S: We're approaching week 16 already, can you start giving mama a morning sickness break?

No comments:

Post a Comment