Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hello Yasmin

Ever since we caught Hello Adam last year, I've been wanting to bring P to the next series called Hello Yasmin. Hello Yasmin is a theatrical play for children aged 2 to 4 years old, and explores the topic of plants and growth. Children will learn what it takes to grow a plant (seed, soil, water, sunshine) and that patience is key in seeing the growth through.

With P starting school beginning of this year, it becomes very hard for me to bring her to a weekday play. She would have to miss school and I didn't want to do that. Compared to the Hello Adam weekday play session I went for previously, this Hello Yasmin weekend session is obviously more crowded. However, I learnt that my forum group are planning to go together to enjoy discounts on tickets, I decided to join them. 

Upon entering the recital studio, we found many styrofoam blocks on the floor. I didn't think much of it and even encouraged P to stack a few up, only to realise later in the play that it was one element of audience interaction. P was really fascinated with the play, though her view was occasionally blocked by adults in front of us. That's the thing about having audience seated on the floor. She had to stand through the most of the play in order to get a glimpse of the action. The play has plenty of songs and dances and the little ones were encouraged to join in. There was a couple of times that P couldn't contain her excitement and whoop in glee, haha. 

I would recommend it for children her age, but try to go for a weekday session if possible. The kids will get a higher chance of participating in growing the plants. At the end of the play, they will also get a pack of seeds which they could grow at home. My seeds are still intact because I don't think P is ready and has the patience to grow them. Maybe when her school eventually introduces the theme of plants, I will bring out the seeds to reinforce the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment