Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Express Route

Clyde has officially declared my boobs a no-go zone. Any attempts to latch him is equivalent to a war declaration, with him screaming his head off, and his spoils of war is a bottle of fm. Mama is utterly defeated.

I've now changed strategy to go with the express route, and even this is an uphill battle. I'm using a combination of Ameda pump and hand expression, and each session usually yield just 20ml. What people could pump in a single session, I take at least 4 or 5 sessions to make that amount. No doubt it is discouraging, but I'm not giving up. Here's what I gathered after a day of expressing: 

I combine the milk during the daytime and give the bottle to him for his final feed for the night, usually around 9 plus at night. Sigh, some is better than none right?

Dear boy boy,

Mama knows that breast is best. I can't give you the best this time round but I will make it up to you in other ways. Looking forward to you growing strong and healthy, no matter what you drink. 

<3,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment