Saturday, December 13, 2014

Taiwan Day 2

Rise and shine at 6am due to engorged boobs. The weaning is not as easy as I imagined. I thought I could leave my pump in Singapore, come to Taiwan and do some hand expression and bam, no more milk by day 3. Unfortunately, this was not the case and I ended up with rock hard boobs on day 1 plus a very wet bra (that's saying something coz I never had leakages and certainly nv invest in any breasts pads). I was almost worried I will come down with mastitis and had to be sent to hospital. It took a super long hand expression session in the bathroom to make me feel slightly better and less lumpy. Now I try to find opportunities to do a quick hand expression to prevent pumps from building up, but it's hard coz tour groups run activities like clockwork. 

Breakfast at the farm was simple - 馒头, porridge with dishes, bread with various bread spreads. We had plenty of time after breakfast to take some pictures. 
We went on an eco tour after breakfast. The tour guide was a 60 year old man and he was super humorous. He found out that we were from Singapore and told us he is JB. Turned out his name is 张新山, haha. His background is also not simple. He had a PhD and was a university lecturer. He retired and decided to work at the farm. He brought us on a tour and introduced us to various plant types, insects and animals. We picked oranges off the trees, saw some water buffaloes, fed some sheep and ended up at the DIY centre and tried our hands at making fruit vinegar. It was so easy to make and I was shocked to know that retail price for such vinegars was about $20-$30 per bottle. We made 2 bottles using lime, vinegar and sugar, and brought back $40 worth of fruit vinegar just like that. 

We headed back to the canteen for lunch (yay for 汤圆) and after that was to be DIY leaves pressed shirt/bag session. We painted on the back of leaves and pressed them down on shirts to create very beautiful patterns. The end product was quite nice. That rounded up our stay at the farm and I bid goodbye to the yummy 汤圆 :(

It was a 2 hour drive to our next destination and we took the chance to nap in the bus. We took a toilet break some 1 hour into the journey and I tried the 木瓜牛奶 that my dad raved about. On hindsight, I probably should stay clear of that because it felt like a milk booster. Very soon, the bus drove into Leofoo Resort and this is where we'll stay for the night. 

The special thing about Leofoo Resort is that the rooms are built in the zoo itself. If you look out of the window from your room, you are likely to see animals like giraffes, rhinoceros and even lions. Here's an over excited P looking at the animals from our room. She even saw a lion that I didn't spot. 
Morning call for tomorrow will be at 8am. We'll set off for Leofoo theme park at 9.30am. Day 3, come quickly!

1 comment: