Friday, July 5, 2013

My Gym at AMK

My Gym was created in 1983 by William Caplin and Yacov & Susi Sherman, who opened their first two My Gyms in Santa Monica and Van Nuys, California. Utilizing their experience in the fields of sports, dance, early childhood development, kinesiology and gymnastics, they developed a program and facility where children actively participate in a variety of structured, weekly physical education classes to gain social skills and self-esteem.

I'm quite excited to know that they will be opening a branch at AMK! We had previously gone for a trial at their Tampines centre, and I think they are quite well equipped with ball pits, climbing structures, attachable swings etc. P must have less than a year old when she went for that trial, so I'm quite keen to see how her motor skills have evolved since then.

I received an SMS on my phone yesterday, and this is what it says.



How can I pass up a chance to explore their new centre? I responded my interest and got a call from the centre shortly to confirm a slot on 14 July. Fast and efficient service.

The AMK branch is situated at the newly constructed Djitsun Mall (don't ask me how to pronounce the name, I'though I suspect it's a silent D, so that makes Jit-soon Mall). You can see it when the mrt is plying AMK - Yio Chu Kang. It's still a fair walk from AMK Hub, but it beats having to go Tampines to attend the classes. The last time we passed by the mall, it looks as if it wasn't going to open anytime soon. They had some banners showing some of the tenants, and it includes Sakae, Khongdon BBQ, Watsons, True Fitness and a few other children educational facilities. When speaking to the My Gym staff to confirm the slot for P, I asked if the mall is already open, and the answer was no. I wonder if My Gym is going to be the first tenant to open on 13 July.


Counting down to 14 July...

No comments:

Post a Comment