Thursday, January 16, 2014

A happy school girl

It's been more than 10 days since P started school, and I'm really glad to say that she is now enjoying school. I asked her two days back if she wants to go school the next day and the answer came back a resounding "Yes!!" I still do not have much insight on what she does in school. Based on her account, teacher will read Goldilocks and the Three Bears daily, eat noodle for lunch daily and sing the same songs daily. Nowadays, when she look at photos on my phone of her first three days at school, she will point out her Chinese teacher 叶老师 (whom I suspect P is fond of). I won't know for sure what brought about her change of attitude towards school, but I'm really glad for it!
Happy School Girl

Her body clock is also adapting to her school hours, and now she sleeps at about 11pm and wakes up after 8am, as opposed to 9pm and 7am in the past. She still falls asleep on her return journey in the school bus every now and then, and that will be her nap for the day. On such occasions, she will sleep early (before 9pm) and all the way till the next day. 

K1 and K2 kids started school on 7 Jan, and it means P has 2 companions boarding the school bus with her. One of the girls apparently likes P a lot, and has been giving her small gifts (stickers, small toys) every now and then. 
Waiting for school bus with 2 jie jies

Hubby has started a new job this week, and his working hours were longer than before. That means I will be picking up P from his mom's place after work and have some mother-daughter bonding time before the man comes home. 
She told me she built a "house"
Play-Doh fun
We took some time last weekend to head down to Marina Square for CNY clothes shopping where I bombed $200 on maternity wear. We had lunch at a newly opened restaurant (Shallots) at the Dining Edition section of Marina Square. They were offering a 3-course set lunch at $13.80++. The fish was really good, but portion was a bit small. I managed to get P a Staples flowery dress at John Little at a steal. The price tag was $12 (which I was already very happy with), but it turned out to be on 50% discount (happiness x 2). By the time we got to hubby's turn, P was already exhausted. We took a break at Coffee Club where P could lie down and nap, while hubby went in search for his clothes. We probably need to make another shopping trip this weekend, but we'll see how it goes. 
All the sweet things...
The little one in the tummy has been really active recently. The popcorn popping feeling I get at week 16 has evolved into amazingly strong 无影脚 that catches me off guard. It's been almost a month since I get to see him on screen, but detailed scan is coming up on 27 Jan and I'm really looking forward to it. As my tummy starts to grow, you can see that P has found a new use for it - a nice cushy sofa to lay back on and watch tv. I should start charging her for usage.
Sofa for rent

No comments:

Post a Comment