Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Final gynae visit

I had my final gynae visit today. Clyde shows no signs of coming out, and when gynae checked for dilation, she said it was at most 1cm and still very thick. It doesn't look like labor will start on its own anytime soon. I will hit Week 40 this Friday and it's not a good sign. 

A c-section has been scheduled for next Monday. We had initially wanted to go with this Friday, but gynae warned us that the date is popular and the operating theatre might not be available. Hubby was also concerned that single rooms will not be available for me to rest in, so after much deliberation, we've decided to push it out to next Monday. 

Gynae arranged for me to do a CTG since I'm going to be past due date. She wanted to ensure that baby's heartbeat is good and that I'm not having any contractions. The CTG went well and I was allowed to go home. 

Having very mixed feelings now about a repeated c-section. I hope the recovery will not be as traumatizing as my first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment