Sunday, April 7, 2013

Klutz Parenting

Every parent has done something stupid to their children before. I did that yesterday, what I termed klutz parenting. I thought I should pen it down so people can avoid it.

Here goes. I was playing lift-and-drop with P in our study yesterday. In the middle of it, I decided to bring P out to the living room where hubby was to let him see how much fun she was having. Have you seen cartoons that show someone sitting above a car or another moving object, not to realise there's a bridge above, and went "bam!!!!!"? That's what happened to P next. I lifted her above me and that blocked my view of the doorway. The next thing I knew, there was a loud thud and my heart dropped. P started crying inconsolably, and I wanted to kill myself right there!

Hubby gave me a wtf look and some scolding. Ugh, felt really really bad. The next time you wanna play any games with your little ones, make sure it's safe for them. Else, the heartache will be too much to bear if you hurt them accidentally.

Lesson of the weekend. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment