Sunday, August 25, 2013

A long week

It's P's birthday week. Quite a lot of things have happened so I'm also not sure where to begin.

I guess I'll start with myself. Last Tuesday evening, I went to the Thomson Women Clinic at AMK Hub to see Dr. Wendy Teo for my late menses. I had tested negative again (4th time) the day before, feeling so perplexed. Gynae's diagnosis is hormonal imbalance. Sigh, didn't even know what was that. My thoughts on missed period means pregnancy, didn't know hormonal imbalance could cause that as well. She told me to give it 2 more weeks to test again. If still negative, I will need to take the medicine she prescribed to induce my menses. 

I went online to read up on hormonal imbalance and I'm really experiencing most of the symptoms. Upset, but can't be helped. Gynae will scan me in 3 months' time to check for ovulation. If its not happening, she will need to give me ovulation medicine. My previous fear has come true - fertility issues. 

On a more positive note, we have started transitioning P to the next stage formula milk, Nan Kid 4. I had ever spoken to the NestlĂ© helpline person and she told me Nan Kid has a slight vanilla taste and is generally sweeter while Nan Ha 3 is bitter. I was worried P can't take it well, but she gulped it down like her usual milk. I've been alternating her feeds, and looking good so far. Once properly transited, it will save us a good $9.30/tin moving forward. 

Another thing worth mentioning is that we have moved P to her own room! We bought a car-shaped bed from Full House Aljunied and have it delivered the day after her birthday. That very night, she slept in her own room while I fretted the whole night in my room. It seems I was experiencing more separation anxiety than her. We left a hall light on in case she decided to venture out and look for us in the middle of the night. True enough, at 2am, I heard her cries and came out to see her standing outside her room. In the end, all she wanted was milk. I put her back on her bed and gave her her milk. It took another 30 min of lying down with her for her to get back to sleep. 

The next day, we deliberately left the hall light off and she slept through. The following day as well! Hubby was really happy with his uninterrupted sleep, and said we should have done it earlier. I think the trick is to really give her a whopper milk before bed. Hubby didn't give any milk to her on the first night.

All that's missing now is a #2. I hope we can still be in time for the horse year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment