Sunday, August 18, 2013

P's Birthday Celebration with my Family

Today marks the first round of P's 2nd birthday celebrations. We drove to Defu Lane's Seafood Paradise to meet my family for dinner. Hubby really loves their 金沙螃蟹, and couldn't resist slurping up the gravy after he finished the crab. I, on the other hand, prefer the crab tang hoon. The whole crab dish has the taste and texture of sharks fin. If wedding banquets can replace this dish, it will save a lot of sharks. Their cuttlefish kang kong was unlike those you get at zi char stalls. The veggie is fried such that it is crispy. I found the food just average, but my family really seem to like it, plus P ate a fair bit too. 6 dishes cost $234, which was expensive in my opinion.

After dinner, we drove back to my parent's place for the cake cutting. I didn't plan to have a birthday theme for P's birthday celebration with my family, but Breadtalk recently launched the Hello Kitty series of cakes that was really quite cute. On a spur of the moment last Friday, I decided on the Hello Kitty theme, which sent my mom scrambling to Compasspoint to order the cake. I bought a Hello Kitty stick balloon from Gift Greetings at Great World City. With the Hello Kitty toy that we got from MacDonald happy meal sometime back, all these set the backdrop for her cake cutting. 

Round 1 done. We'll be heading to Hello Kitty town + Little Big Club in JB for her actual birthday (21 Aug). In laws side will celebrate with her next weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment