Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dear #2

Dear #2,

Papa and I went to the gynae today and saw the little you on the screen. Watching your tiny heart beating and hearing how it sounds really makes me the proudest mom in the world, especially when the gynae says you are looking great and healthy. This makes the wait at the gynae worth for papa, who kept badgering the staff on the waiting time. He's not a patient man, but he's a great papa. The scan put you at 6w2d, which was shorter than what I expected and calculated based on pregnancy apps. It feels like you've been there for much longer. EDD is tentatively on 10 June 2014, but I hope you can come out during the period after the exams and just before the June holidays (so you can celebrate with your friends in school).

Your elder sister is at grandma's place today, and that gave me the chance to do some bonding with you. We went to Bishan Park for an hour-long walk and I believed the fresh air did us both good. I saw people jogging and wished I could do the same. I missed the feeling of the heavy breathing and adrenaline rush. We came across couples strolling, families walking, dogs running, kids playing. We walked past the Powermoves at Bishan Park, and I contemplated whether to take up prenatal pilates. I have no courage to check on the pricing though, it's bound to be expensive. I could do more saving that sum up and buy diapers and formula milk for you next time. For the time being, you just have to make do with my walks in the gym, and hopefully I can find time to come to the park with you more often. 

Dear #2, the next time we see you will be in 5 weeks' time. Please stay safe and grow with us. I'm sure as you (and my tummy) grow, P will be speaking to you more often. She's at a chatty phase and says the funniest things. You will enjoy hearing her voice. Till we meet again.

Love, 
妈妈

No comments:

Post a Comment