Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Renewed Hope

Some 1 week back during bedtime with P, she pulled my shirt towards her, looked in and asked "妈妈,里面有baby吗?" I didn't think much of it, and dismissed her curtly by telling her to stop talking and go to bed. 

My menses has been late for this cycle again. Based on last month's record of being 17 days late and doctor's hormonal imbalance diagnosis, I didn't want to test for fear of disappointment again. Besides, I was experiencing what I thought was very bad PMS - Bad flare up of acne, super tender breasts, cramps, mood swings and even the feeling down there when menses has arrived.

Today marks 8 days after my expected period and I finally plucked up the courage to test. It was also partly attributed to this nagging feeling that tells me it might be right this time round. The 5 mins spent waiting for the pregnancy test strip to show results is probably the longest 5 mins of my life. 

Results came back with a faint positive line, and my heart leaped! When I reached office, I immediately called the gynae to make an appointment for tomorrow. I didn't dare tell hubby for fear that its a false positive. 

During lunch, I felt doubtful that the strip was accurate, and bought 2 more types of pregnancy tests - 1 Watsons housebrand and a Clearblue. I just tested with the Watsons and it's also showing a faint positive. I will do a final test with Clearblue using first morning urine tomorrow. Cross my fingers!!

I've read stories of toddlers/older siblings knowing his/her mom is pregnant, even before the mother herself knows. Some mothers have even gone as far to reprimand the kid for telling lies. Now I think back on the bedtime incident with P, I wonder if she already knew it at that time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment