Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ling's Birthday Celebration

Gathering with the girls today to celebrate the last of us to turn 26! I think I'm one of the lucky ones who have plenty of help, such that there's minimal disruption to my social life.

Upon QL's recommendation, we made our way to Realfood at Central Clarke Quay. They serve organic vegetarian food at rather affordable prices. I only found out how pricey organic food is after becoming a mother, so I think Realfood is a steal. 4 of us, 4 dishes plus 1 soup, works out to $55. $11 each to try 5 types of organic food, super worth it, considering one type of organic produce can already cost that much.

Had a fun time catching up, but one part of my mind was occupied with thoughts of P. "My mom should be bringing her back to my house by now. Can Papa Jon cope with her? She gets cranky when she's sleepy."

After that nice and healthy dinner, we made our way up to Coffee Club for desserts. Birthday girl wants a mudpie plus a small cake that is round. Ordered Hazelnut Caramel cake plus caramel mudpie, and indulged in the sugar rush.

All 26 years old, but I seem to be leading a very different (and fast forwarded) life from them. The rest of them are still at the dating phase in life, with only one having concrete plans (and hdb) to settle down in 2014. I can tell them all sorts of things about motherhood, but I guess it really takes someone who's in that phase of life to truly understand what I'm talking about. Times like this, I'm glad to have my Sept FB group for emotional support. My bunch of friends will get there one day, but I will always be one step ahead when it comes to motherhood.
Mushroom Soup
Pumpkin and Orange Salad
Lentil Burger
Calzone
Nutty Mudpie, a variation from our usual Coffee Club mudpie
Hazelnut Caramel Craving
Presenting the birthday girl, Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment