Thursday, June 28, 2012

A sick babe

P seems to be under the weather... again. She seems quite prone to runny nose and cough, this is like the 3rd time this year. Best of all, she threw up on herself and hubby after I fed her cereal just now. Ugh, mega mess to clean up...

Sometimes, I wonder if it's because I didn't breast feed her for long, that's why she falls sick easily *guilt* Then again, I also have some Sept mommies who are still bfing, but their child seems to be as prone to illness as P, if not worse.

I think I'm quite a bad mommy sometimes. P has this tendency to piss me off really bad, especially when she's sick. I should be understanding, but it sometimes take all of my effort not to smack her. Instead, I will raise my voice at her, which in turn incur wrath from my husband who would tell me sternly "Can you stop shouting at her? She's sick and uncomfortable. Even if you shout, she won't understand, so why do it?"

Yesterday, I read on Asian Parent on a mother who threw her 2 boys (age 4 & 7) to their deaths from her 15th floor balcony, because they were pissing her off. Sad story, but it's really tough being a parent sometimes. To be a successful one, you need infinite patience. That is one thing I need to cultivate.

Finally, the 'lil one has fallen asleep in my arms as I end off this entry. Goodnight my darling...

No comments:

Post a Comment