Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekend

Brought P to Great World City yesterday afternoon as she was getting cranky at home. First stop was the pet shop, but she didn't seem impressed with the galore of rabbits and guinea pigs. Went to ELC next and that was her cup of tea. She had fun playing the kitchen set with another toddler and we had to practically drag her out of the store. Hubby was happily checking out the boys' toy section at ELC and proclaimed to me that he's going to buy this and that if we do have a son, and they are going to build a mega city of cars. How exciting -_-" I would much prefer kitchen sets, thank you very much.


Since there's a church in the vicinity, we thought we could attend evening mass as well. We thought P would be tired out by the time mass starts, since we woke up from her nap at 12 and stayed awake for 6 hours. No chance though, she was wide awake at mass and kept roaming around and shaking hands with random strangers, or flashing her megawatt smile at them. I'm pretty sure the celebrity genes did not come from either of us, so we're still guessing who. Her battery ran out in the car, and she got very mad when we got home and I put her down. That caused 30 min of incessant crying and I almost pulled my hair out. The only good thing that came out of the crying fit is that she got pretty tired after that, and went to bed without much fuss.

Today's program was dinner at Asian Market Cafe (Swissotel) to celebrate hubby's cousin's 21st birthday. It starts at 6pm, but I thought it will be a good idea to bring P out shopping first. She gets really cranky at home, plus today's weather is terribly humid, so off we went, just the 2 of us (hubby was left behind to fetch his family to the dinner).

We took the train to City Hall and walked through City Link to get to Marina Square. There's a children's playground outside Mothercare and Kiddy Palace. P looked rather interested, so we had a go at it. She went straight for the slide and tried to crawl up from the bottom. Pulled her away and placed her on the rocking beetle instead. After a short while, her interest was gone and we decided to explore Kiddy Palace instead. Curiosity got the better of her and she explored Kiddy Palace by hand, touching everything in sight, ugh.




We also explored Times Bookstore and John Little before making our way back to Raffles City. By the time I reached Marina Link, she was conked out. I found myself ordering a smoothie from Dunkin Donuts even though I wasn't thirsty, just so I can find a place for her to sleep comfortably and relieve myself of the 10kg load. It was 1 hour later when she woke up and time for dinner.




Conked out at Dunkin Donuts, and no one dared to sit near us
 Hubby's maternal side of the family is rather close. They organise plenty of gatherings and these relatives really make effort to turn up. I hope I can foster something like this next time.

X'mas decor are up in most shopping malls. I'm already in the X'massy mood and it rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment