Thursday, January 3, 2013

Halfway to Terrible Two

Mom brought P back in the evening, together with a basket load of complaints on how naughty P is and how she threw tantrums during the 2 days at my mom's place. I've noticed that recently too, that P seems very frustrated when she doesn't get what she wants, and she only gives you 1 chance to get it right. If she don't get what she want, she goes into full fledged tantrum/crying, coupled with throwing whatever things you try to appease her with (even when it should be the object she wanted in the first place). Mom has never experienced this with her, so she was quite taken aback.

I think P is at the stage whereby she can understand what we say, but yet can't communicate her response. If I'm not wrong, she is trying to verbalise what she wants, but realise its not working on us, hence the frustration. I have to remind myself to be patient with her.

Not all's gloomy though. Hubby went for lessons this evening, so it was just me and P after my parents dropped her off. We sat at the sofa watching some game show on Channel 8, when P caught sight of her yogi snacks at the ledge above the sofa. She climbed her way up, got her prize and sat on my lap grinning. I opened the pack for her and she started munching and watch the show. After awhile, she decided to sit on my lap facing me and eat the snacks. She caught me watching her, gave me her widest smile and took out a yogi to feed me. Awww...

This reminded me of an incident when we friends were over at my place for dinner a couple of days back. My friend gave P a pack of raisins, and my other 2 friends tried their best to convince her to give them a raisin each. P refused, and even walked away warily. After I put down my things, I went over to P and gave her my palm to ask for a raisin. She promptly took 1 and popped it into my mouth. Take that, my friends, haha! You'll be glad to know hubby got a raisin too. Guess she does know who are the 'strangers', which I hope to keep it that way, not because I'm selfish, but more for her safety.

I don't recall doing it very often to P, but it's apparent someone did. Hubby was carrying P, when she started struggling to get to me and ask me to carry her. What happened next reduced me to peals of laughter. She did the clap-clap-open-palms gesture, which is what people usually do when they want to carry a baby. Then she gave me a 'don't you understand this gesture?' look. Wahaha, I'd be more than happy to carry her, just for this time.

2013 is looking good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment