Thursday, January 24, 2013

Separation Anxiety

P's separation anxiety seems to have reached a new peak lately. I swear her most hated sentence is "妈妈去pong pong". The moment that sentence pops out from my mouth, she starts clambering on me and is determined to stay on/around me.

When hubby is around, she is still ok to let me go, albeit reluctantly. In absence of hubby, I have no choice but to leave her crying outside the bathroom, unless I can convince myself to bathe only after she sleeps. I try to leave the door open when I bathe, so she can see me through the glass shower screen. That didn't ease her anxiety though. She was so so angry with me just now when her repeated banging on the shower screen did not make me appear next to her. In her anger (and my horror), she took my towel (hanging on the shower screen bar) and ran out of the bathroom. OMG! She appeared a short while later outside the bathroom and gave me dagger stares, as if saying "I said no bathing right? How dare you go and bathe? HOW DARE you go and bathe?" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

And yeah, it took me a lot of convincing before she finally returned the towel to a fresh from shower naked woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment