Monday, March 25, 2013

A tinge of guilt

I was feeling really ill last Thursday, so instead of fetching P back after I had dinner at MIL's place, I decided to let her stay for the night. The strategy has always been to get maid or SIL to distract her by bringing her to the room, while I (and sometimes hubby) sneak away. It has worked well, until last Thursday.

My SIL told me the story when we were over at their place for dinner yesterday. After P had her fill of the distraction (going to MIL's room to see the Carebear collection), she came out of the room and searched the whole house for me, calling out "mama, mama... mama" as she goes. After a while, I guessed she more or less known that I have left, so she went to the gate and shouted "MAMA!! MAMAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Ugh, heart wrenching. I'm actually tearing as I type this post, imagining the scene and her thoughts (of being abandoned). Poor thing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment