Monday, March 18, 2013

Kids Fiesta at AMK Hub

I spent the bulk of the day feeling under the weather, an sign of an impending sore throat/cough/runny nose. After hubby got back from soccer, I took my nap, amidst the babbles and shrieks of P as she raged around our room. After 2 hours, I awoke to a sleeping P next to me, and my iPhone vibrating non-stop. Hubby's family were texting each other in a group chat and SIL reminded me that Mat Yoyo is going to make an appearance at AMK Hub in an hour's time. I thought we wouldn't be able to make it, but P woke up 15 min later and gave me ample time to change, take a bus down and still be 20 min early for the show. Despite that, a crowd had already formed and all the seats were taken. SIL (in blue and white striped shirt) had reached early and secured a standing spot at the railing, so I handed P over to her while I stood behind and watch the action.

The emcee at about 3.50pm and played some games with the children. The greatest revelation of the day was when the children answered the emcee that Mat Yoyo were... CATS!! OMG, all along I thought they were monkeys =X Anyway, I stayed to watch their opening song (which was rather soft and awkward) before going to Watsons to grab some toiletries. 10 min later, I headed back to the event to see that the emcee was rounding up the show and starting the photo-taking process. Erm, a 15 min show?! Probably the shortest one around... In any case, SIL told me that P was super excited and kept clapping and yay-ing through the show.

The crowd 20 min before showtime

Coloring at Kids Fiesta
After the show, we brought P to the Mini Driving School next to the taxi stand/pick up drop off point. I first notice this some 1 week ago when the MRT stopped at the AMK Station. The first time I brought her there, one of the uncles told me she is too young to ride the car. I was a tad disappointed until another guy came along and said he has some remote controlled cars which P can ride while I control. Each ride was supposed to cost $5, but I think they are having their introductory promotion whereby each ride costs $4. The duration is 8 min for weekends and 15 min for weekdays. I think it's quite worth it knowing that P usually take at least 2 of those kiddy rides at AMK Hub, which will cost between $2-$4. I asked their worker how long they will be there, and they will likely be quite longterm.
Godma controlling the vehicle


So if you are thinking of how to occupy your kids this March holidays, bring them down to AMK Hub for some Mat Yoyo and vroom vroom fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment