Sunday, March 24, 2013

P's Growing Vocabulary

It's only this week that I realised that my little girl is starting to speak, and boy, does she pick up fast! At 19 months, my little one is finally speaking. The glory and pride of parenthood!

It happened on Monday when I reached MIL's place to pick her up after work. She was holding 2 balls in her hands and back facing me. I called out to her and she turned around, offering the balls with a vindictive "Boh Boh!!!" I laughed and accepted the balls gladly.

Over the next few days, she surprised me and hubby with more words. As of now, she can say the following.
1. Mama or Mami

2. Papa

3. Ma (for both grandmas and her godma)

4. Ball ball

5. Dog
Hubby discovered this when he read "The Wheels on the Bus" to her. P pointed to the dog and went "DOG!!" ever since then, each time she sees one on Tv or anything that looks like a dog, she will go "dog!!". We were watching news yesterday and there was someone on tv walking a pet pig. To P, that's still a "dog", haha.

6. 美美
Must have been taught by my mom each time she wants to put a hair clip on her. Hubby and I were lounging on the sofa and feeding her dinner when she suddenly came over to pat my head (I was using something that pushes my fringe back) and mumbled something. I didn't catch it, but hubby did and he went "Orh, 美美啊?". P went on to do the same to hubby's head.

7. Baby 
Babies appear quite often in her story books. Where is Baby's Belly Button, The Wheels on the Bus, Baby's First Bible Stories are just some of them. All along I thought she wasn't listening to me read the stories, and that she only wants to flip the pages quickly to see the pictures. Last night, a baby flashed on the tv screen and she went "Baaaaaaby!!"

8. Fish
Her pronunciation of it sounds more like "fis", but I'm glad she is at least willing to try. Previously when I asked her to say "fish", she would either gesture o me how it swims, or smile sheepishly (whenever she doesn't know how to do it)

9. Please 
Taught by her godma, but pronunciation sounds like "pis" as of now.

10. Car car
She did a wonderful rendition of it last Friday when our bus passed by the Mini Driving school at AMK Hub. I'm amazed she even knows where it is though we are on the bus. Subsequently I've asked her to tell hubby about "car car", but it has since evolved into "tar tar".

11. 蚂蚁
Possibly the most classic of all. We'd pass by the rooftop garden each time I fetch her from MIL's place. I swear the garden homes the greatest number of snails I've ever seen. There are also ants crawling around the soil and on walls. The first time she pointed at an ant and made the "hmmm?" (loosely translated as what's that) sound, I've started telling her it's 蚂蚁, and repeated every time we pass the garden. Last week, she decided to give it a shot at saying it, and ended up with 蚂....咪. LOL.

Sigh, the little one is growing up really fast. It's times like this that makes me hate myself for being a FTWM. I had to miss all her milestones and have her caregiver tell me what she has learnt or is capable of doing.

Took a long nap on Saturday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment