Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Adeva Spa at Paragon

I bought this Groupon voucher some one month back that enables me to get a 9 minute ginger massage. Finally put it to use today!

Adeva Spa is located at Paragon, 6th floor. I was quite impressed by the atas furnishing and friendly staff when I arrived. They asked me for the voucher and my NRIC, and directed me to one of their plushy sofas to wait. Shortly, one staff came up to me and asked me to fill up a form with personal particulars and my massage preference. Just when I completed and was wondering who to pass it to, their consultants were very observant and came to me straight away. She told me my voucher is for a 90 minute ginger massage which is rather light, and the 90 minute is inclusive of some bathing time to wash away the ginger powder. It might have been my build that she sounded me out if I'm keen on a full biddy massage that is more intensive (I found out later that painful is the word) but I can enjoy the full 90 minute without the bathing time. It sounded good to me, so I took up her offer.

I was directed to the massage room that was really dark, and told to change out of my clothes. I can barely see the cupboard and the hangers, haha. Very soon, the therapist came in and started the session. Man, the kneading and pressing was really vigorous. I acted nonchalant until she felt me tense at one point in time, and told her it was painful. She explained that I need to tell her about the pain, else I will ache really badly tomorrow. Oops, I thought pain was good. She makes an effort to check on my comfort level frequently after that, which I felt was very nice of her.

Oh, and this I need to mention. Their massage beds are heated! Haha, I may sound suaku but I seldom go for massage and those I went to didn't have heated beds. I didn't realise initially and thought it must have been the heat from the therapist rubbing oil from my body. When I told her my body feels so warm, she then told me about the bed. Super thumbs up for me, since I'm just wearing a disposable undies and covered with towels, the heat really takes away all the chilly Aircon.

As with the end of each massage, everyone knows what to expect next: the sales talk. I hate it and I do badly at rejection. A consultant came over while I was having my post massage tea, and asked me how everything went. I braced myself for a full frontal attack from her, but it didn't come. All it takes for me was to say "I really enjoyed the massage, but I have no intention of taking up any packages at the moment", and she backed off after awhile. I have more admiration for spas that don't do much sales talk, and is more inclined to return. However, the packages are probably out of my reach.

Well, you'll be glad to know they serve this white fungus and longan dessert together with your post massage tea. I was having a blocked nose, so I couldn't taste it much. However, the service at this spa is really impeccable. Hope to return someday!

3 comments:

  1. Dear ahjess19, we found your post via google and we have featured your post at http://www.tranquiltrove.com/business/adeva-spa-paragon/.

    We hope this post will bring you readership and help everyone discover the best spas places in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete