Sunday, February 24, 2013

Self feeding

I don't want to attribute everything to the Terrible Two, but I think P is entering this phase. She is showing signs of independence and having a mind of her own. Self feeding is my greatest headache at the moment. P has progressed from
1. Mildly interested in holding cutlery but wants to be fed
2. Very interested in holding cutlery but still wants to be fed
3. Insists on holding cutlery but still wants to be fed when at home. Outside, she insists on feeding herself, which we are ok since we are not cleaning up
4. Insists on feeding herself both at home at outside. This is the current phase. If she does not get her way (like if you try to take away her spoon), she pulls the maniac cry stunt.

At dinnertime yesterday, I was trying to feed her some puréed food. She was ok during the first 2 mouthfuls, but after that her independent streak kicked in and snatched the spoon from me. She then proceeded to create a mess that got me quite frustrated. Tried to take away the spoon and she cried buckets of tears. Hubby stepped in and I thought he was going to just distract her with something else. My jaw almost dropped when he just led her to the dining table and gave her the spoon and food. She continued to create a bigger mess all over her clothes and table, while hubby just went to bathe and left me with all that shitty clean up. I was very pissed. The relationship with hubby seems to be at an all time low recently. He has little patience for me and we just can't see eye to eye on the simplest things. We've yet to reach our 3rd wedding anniversary and I'm already quite disillusioned with the whole marriage business. Sigh, so bad, I know.

On a much positive note, I'm quite happy with my hauls at the BabyCare Festival on Friday. It was pretty crowded when I got there, but the crowd died down a bit when we returned after lunch to shop. Let me try to recall some of my buys
1. Mustela body and hair wash - 1 for $20, 3 for $55. I bought 2 coz each bottle actually lasts quite long
2. Mustela shampoo - 1 for $11, 3 for $30. Again, I bought 2 coz I foresee it will last equally long.
3. Tollyjoy liquid cleanser (antibacterial) - I'm currently using the normal one, which has been refilled at least 4 times. Bought 2 of the antibacterial one at $17 and will buy a new bottle of it when the current one finishes.
4. See Kai Run - With my SIL in the queue, I managed to battle the throngs of people at the shelves and grab 2 pairs of shoes. Usual price is $65.90, and I got them at $24.90 each, probably my best buy at the fair. Been eyeing this brand for quite long, but can't bear to buy them at the usual price.
5. Potty chair - For direct use on toilet bowl. P doesn't seem to like our current potty, and the cleanup is not v fun too. Bought one at $9 to try. I put her on it earlier, but no results.
6. Pigeon hand mouth wipes. Twin pack at $6.60 each. Bought 2.
Had a great time at the fair, hope the next one comes soon! 
Ollie and P

Conveniently sat on the shoebox to try on her shoes. Another sign of independence.


No comments:

Post a Comment