Saturday, February 2, 2013

Last lesson at OMS

Brought P for her final lesson at OMS this afternoon. That is the last of the 4 vouchers she received for her birthday last year. The vouchers were meant for Musical Babes, program, which is for kids up to 18 months. When I called up to make an appointment this afternoon, the staff suggested for me to let P try the Rhythmic Tots program (18 months to 3 years). I told her about the voucher use, and still she let me proceed. I thought that was really nice (and flexible) of them. P will turn 18 months on 21 Feb.

Before the start of the lesson, I had a chance to speak to the teacher to understand more about the difference between the 2 programs. She explained that it will primarily be the same, save for a section on vocal and a section on story telling. Essentially, the vocal part invokes getting the kids to repeat what she said through a toy microphone, but she did warn me that most of them will shy away. The children in class were mostly 2011 babies, so their speech is not as developed yet.

P did pretty well throughout the lessons. However, I realised she acts up (in previous lessons too) when it comes to the drums section. She would ignore the drum allocated to her and go for other kids' drums, or even the teacher's drum. I guessed its more fun when you play with other people's stuff? Come the story telling section, she tried to go forward and snatch the teacher's book. I wasn't surprised coz that's what she usually do to me as well. I had to pull her back. She enjoyed the bubble session, though it was a short one.

I really like the things that OMS is doing. P will always come out of the lesson a happy kid. The only reason I'm not signing up is because I do not have hubby's buy in to fetch us there every week. He is always complaining that the mall is boring and there's nothing for him to do. Even when I offered to let him attend the lesson with P (so he doesn't have to deal with the boring mall), he isn't keen at all. Sigh, maybe I should get my dad's buy in instead...






P had been really funny recently, and she laughs very often too! I'm quite tickled by her antics, like this pic I took at the playground. She saw some kids sitting in a circle and she decided to join them from afar.


I also caught her trying to put on my work shoes just now.

She saw some moles on my arms, and pretended to pick them up and throw them away.

Whenever she wants me to carry her, she will do the clap clap action, like what adults do to babies when they want to initiate the carry process.

We've been trying to teach her the gongxi gongxi action. Instead of up and down, her version goes left and right, somewhat like how a fish swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment