Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

I saw plenty of flowers and yummy food on my FB news feed. I saw plenty of girls holding bouquets and balloons at Orchard mrt. I saw shops selling all sorts of lovely gifts. I saw many people picking out gifts in branded retail shops at Ngee Ann City.

I texted Hubby to ask him about dinner plans, and his reply was "Let's dabao food home and not be suckers. V Day is a scam by companies who want to make money." Haha, that's the reality of my married life. 8 years together and we're down to dabao-ing food.

I had plans for a nice dinner at either Basilico at Regent Hotel or even just Jack's Place, but I'm appalled at the sky high prices. Jack's Place already costs a minimum of $39++ per pax, which will work out to more than $90 after taxes. Basilico? Hmmm, $128++ per pax. I dot even bother calculating the after tax amount. I overheard a conversation in the shuttle bus today, a couple of colleagues talking about roses and flowers. Apparently, a bouquet of 10 roses is going at $155 somewhere. Ugh, have I been so lag in keeping up with inflation? It's really scary!

Anyway, what I did was to head to Bishan J8. Intended to get some red velvet cupcakes from Twelve Cupcakes, but they were completely sold out with a prominent sign saying "We're baking fresh cupcakes, and they will be ready in 30 mins." Nah, I can think of a better way to use that 30 min. Bought 2 cups of bubble tea from Gong Cha, 2 sets of Salmon and Chicken from Yoshinoya, and 1 slice of Red Velvet cake from Coffee Bean. Sounds pretty sumptuous eh? Total damage was about $26, plus tastes good too!

How did you celebrate your Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment