Sunday, September 23, 2012

4 days without P

I went to Gleneagles Hospital for an ingrown nail surgery last Thursday. The whole experience was pretty déjà vu. It's strange that they have to wheel me into the op theatre when I could have walked in myself. It reminded me of my emergency c section 1 year ago, when I was also wheeled into an op theatre. However, kudos to my doc and the nurses at Gleneagles. They were super reassuring (hubby wasn't with me), and my fears dissipated. The most nerve wrecking part was probably the anaesthesia, when the doc marked down the 3 areas where he was going to administer the drug, one of which I was suffering the most pain. I imagined the injection at the painful spot to be super super bad, but I felt nothing. I think doc was smart to do the other 2 areas 1st, so when he eventually did the painful spot, the anaesthesia from the other 2 areas has spread over. It was a short 15 min procedure, and I could be discharged on the same day. Doc gave hospitalisation leave till Monday, and asked me to go back for review on Monday.

While I was nursing my wound at home, P was spending her time at my mom's place. For 4 whole days, I (and hubby) didn't get to see P at all. We missed her lots, and I kept asking hubby to imitate her cute actions while we reminisce on her growing up phase. Last evening, mom even called to 'flaunt' that she is at Chinatown with P, looking at mid autumn festival lightings. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound.

My mom brought her back this evening and we celebrated with a family huggie! Also secretly glad that she still attaches herself to me despite the 4 days separation. It was almost as if we didn't separate at all. We then went to Novena Square for Kenny Rogers dinner, where she conveniently kicked over my cup of sprite while I was feeding her water. It was super embarrassing, and we hurriedly paid the bill and left.

My 'lil one seems be be having a mind of her own already. If she wants to come down and walk, she HAS to come down. Hubby was grabbing some reservist supplies at Watsons when she decided to do just that. And she spent her time touching each and every item on the shelf, even
suggesting to her daddy what insect repellent to buy, haha.

P is really growing up so quickly. We looked back on one of her pics today and lol-ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment