Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tantrum tantrum

I'm pretty sure there's a Horrible One before the Terrible Two hits!

P has been nothing short of horrible when it comes to her tantrums these few days. The first straw came on Saturday morning. She usually wakes up ready to play with her ELC toy block sorter, or fiddle with the Baby Bear book. Sat morning, I started her on the ELC blocks, guiding her to drop the right shapes into the right hole as usual. She couldn't get pass one of it, and she just started sweeping all the blocks and sorter (think sweeping things off the dressing table in tv dramas), and threw the offending block far away. Then, she went into sit and reach position and pressed her face onto the mattress and wailed her hearts out.

As the day passes, as long as she is slightly unhappy with you taking away her object of interest (for safety reasons), she will go into the above tantrum mode. She even does this when she's bathing. If her bath toys don't do her bidding, she throws them with all her might to goodness-knows-where.

Today was also a tantrum day for P. Threw tantrum at home, threw tantrum at church, threw tantrum at MIL's place, and threw tantrum at home. We even got a "don't spoil her too much" advice from an Aunty sitting behind us at church. Good grief!

I got really really pissed with her, and shouted at her a couple of times, causing hubby to be mad at me. He then asked P why she keeps attaching herself to me when I treat her so badly. That got me even madder coz I don't think that's very nice of him to 'badmouth' me in front of my child. He can only blame himself for P's lack of interest in him. Who takes childcare leave to play computer games at home while leaving P at his mom's place? Yes, my hubby does that.

Shouting at P doesn't make me love her any less. Not shouting at P also doesn't mean that you treat her better and that she should love you more instead of me. It's the overall experience that she has with the person that counts.

As you can see, P's tantrum is putting a toil on our couple relationship as well. I seriously hope she outgrows this phase soon. Hopefully, it's just an onset of her 3rd tooth eruption symptom. I really pray hard!
Super interested in the pizza delivery guy

No comments:

Post a Comment