Monday, October 1, 2012

Diaper Woes

We had plenty of diaper leaks in the past 2 weeks, and it's starting to get to me and hubby. I found P in a pool of pee on our bed in 2 occasions, and she's totally nonchalant about it. She just lies there with wet clothes and the pee surrounding her, quietly sucking her thumb as usual. If I hadn't want to pick her up, she could have been lying in the pee the entire day. Ya, gross right?

Anyway, I attribute the diaper leaks to the change of diaper brand, because we've ran out of the brand we usually use. With the Baby Fair coming up in less than 2 weeks' time, it doesn't make economic sense to stock up now. Besides, the leaking diaper brand is a reputable brand which she uses at my in law's place. It used to be able to last P through the night, but now it couldn't. I went on their FB page and saw feedbacks on the poor quality of the diapers, so I'm even more convinced that it is the diaper instead of P's pee output increasing. There's only 1 way to find out, to make the switch back to our usual brand come the Baby Fair this Friday.

Amidst the diaper leak woes, I read an article (World diaper output may take a hit) in the papers today regarding world diaper supply. Apparently, there was a plant explosion in Japan where they manufacture an ingredient used in diapers. Boy, our usual diaper brand is a Japanese brand, I hope it won't be affected much.

Hubby is on reservist till 12 Oct 2012, and it includes a 7-day outfield which he couldn't book out. I think P will be spending most nights sleeping over at my in law's place. It will be hard for me to prepare for work in the morning if she's around. Ideally, she will still be asleep when I wake up to prepare for work, but all mothers know that the outcome is often the opposite of what you wish for. I have no desire to start my day pulling my hair out to get ready for work and handle a stick-to-me-like-glue-mini-me at the same time.

Also, I don't think I can handle another diaper leak (and bedsheet change) by myself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment