Saturday, October 6, 2012

U Picnic

Reached Marina Barrage at 4.15pm to find the main car park being blocked off (I guess is full), and we had to do a HUGE detour to find the other car park B. It didn't help that the signage to car park B was quite terrible and we were amongst one of the cars which drive to a dead end and had to do yet another detour. After all the effort in trying to find the car park, we finally arrived at the barrage to find the place already bustling with activity.

Registration supposedly starts at 4.30pm, and the queue was still manageable when we got there. After about 10 min in the queue, I managed to collect our picnic basket. You could find kid activities like face painting and ballon sculpturing at level 1, and the picnic location is at level 3. Mom and me joined the queue for balloon sculpturing while dad brought P around. Got a flower and dog balloon for P and we made our way to the 3rd level to find a picnic spot.

Stage performances started soon after we found a spot (away from the speakers). I forgot to take a picture of the picnic basket, but it looked pretty decent (as in the basket itself) and contained light snacks like chocolate biscuits, some Indian cracker, etc.

All of us were new to the whole picnic experience. I was complaining to my mom that we didn't have any picnics before, and she agreed that this is quite a brand new but great experience. She even told me that we can join next year if they have it.

There are plenty of kites in the sky. There are booths selling food. There are kids running around. There are families relaxing (and some even sleeping). P had lots of fun roaming around, plucking grass, eating grass (yeah, didn't manage to prevent this in time), and mostly just watching the action around her.

Great place to be on a Saturday afternoon! We left at about 7.15pm coz I sense that P is getting sleepy (true enough, she fell asleep in the car) and more importantly, there are too many beetles flying around for my comfort. I wouldn't want to bring any back with me especially when hubby is on reservist. My phobia of beetles is caused by a beetle bite on my neck (which is super painful) when I was still staying at my parents' place. Luckily the beetles at barrage only came after the sun set, else I think I would probably just collect the goodie bag and leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment