Sunday, October 21, 2012

Teething Depression

P is cutting her top central and lateral incisors, 4 at one go. While she's suffering teething pains, I'm almost going into teething depression. The non-stop crying is so so frustrating that I really feel like strangling her. I don't know how to help her and my patience is wearing thin.

She refuses to let anyone else carry her. It always has to be M-O-M-M-Y. Try carrying a 10 kg around, and when you think 1 hour is sufficient, put her down and she will cry and clamber to be carried. Try passing her to a 3rd party (hubby) and get a 2s relief (5s if you are lucky), and she will cry for you to be carried. Repeat the cycle at least 5 times a day and you'll see how crazy you can get.

I kept trying to keep my cool and think back on the contents of the article that reminded me to be patient with P. It didn't help much. I almost broke down in church today because P was just too much of a handful, and the only thing holding me back was that my in laws were with me and their friends were sitting with us. How nice to have a howling toddler and a weeping daughter-in-law in the middle of mass? I think hubby sensed that I was almost at the end of my tether, and he took over.

Terrible weekend. Thankfully, I will not be facing all these next weekend. I really need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment