Thursday, October 4, 2012

October Fun

My October weekends are almost full. It's going to be a busy month socially, especially next weekend.

5 Oct 2012 (Fri)
Who's hitting the Baby Market exhibition this weekend? I'm heading there after work tomorrow with my mom and P. Mom told me she will be bringing P to the airport first, and proudly proclaimed that she went to the airport yesterday to recce so she knows where's the best place to see aeroplanes take off. The extent she went for P, I really have to applaud her. She also told me that P is able to imitate sounds of planes flying as well as gesture with her hands how they fly. It was pretty funny to watch.

Anyway, my shopping list includes Avent bottles, Medela teats, fm milk bags, Merries diapers and socks. Hope to get great bargains there!

6 Oct 2012 (Sat)
U, yes U! U have to go to the U Picnic. Organised by U Family, U Picnic promises to redefine your picnic perception and bring you nothing short of "Food.Fun.Experience"! Tickets cost $15 for NTUC members ($30 for public), and it admits 4 adults. Children under the age of 2 gets in free. I was deliberating whether to go for this, but decided to go ahead because I've never been to Marina Barrage and also because I know that P will like the crowd and barrage of activities there. Tickets were purchased under the assumption that hubby would be able to book out during his reservist, but this is not to be. Hence, I will be going with my mom and probably sister. Dad needs to help out in a temple on that day, so he will only be fetching us there.

12 Oct 2012 (Fri)
SIL's birthday

13 Oct 2012 (Sat)
Hubby's cousin has given birth and will be hosting her baby's full month party. On that note, my FB is flooded with pics and news of pregnant women friends and newborn babies. I guess a lot is attributed to the Dragon Year, but all these postings are making me wonder what's all the fuss about birth rates. I mean, it can't be that bad if new babies are popping up on my FB every month right? Haha, yeah, I know it's too superficial to base it on my FB.

Will be attending my paternal grandmother's birthday party in the evening. Not very close with this side of the family, but I can't get out of this one.

14 Oct 2012 (Sun)
My ex colleague has invited me to her daughter's 1 year old party. I haven't met this colleague for a very long time, and the duration that we worked together was relatively short because it was a contract role. We got along pretty well when we were working together, but I was still surprised to receive her FB invitation after so many years. Then again, I think I surprised her even more by telling her I'll be attending. Hubby and I will nv attend such parties if we didn't have P. Now with P and knowing her love for playing interacting with children, we are more inclined to attend such events.

Dinner - SIL's birthday celebration

20 Oct 2012 (Sat)
Bloom School of Music and Arts! One of the Sep FB Group mommies has organised a trial class for our babies to attend. I will be bringing P for this class that costs $25. Heard from other mommies who have gone for trial class that the school uses a lot of musical instruments as teaching materials. I can't wait!

26 Oct 2012 onwards
I'll be in Korea with my mom!

There's my October. Recalling the song 'Wake Me Up When September Ends". October is much more hectic!

No comments:

Post a Comment