Monday, October 8, 2012

Shower Schizophrenia

Yes, I'm sure a lot of mommies can identify with this picture.


I burst out laughing when I saw this pic because I experience it every time I take a shower when P is asleep . It first started during my maternity leave when I was the sole caregiver of P. With a newborn, every chore is shelved and bath/lunch time becomes a luxury. I would put her down to nap and began a whirlwind of activities (chores and bath and what's not). The trick is to take a shower the moment she sleeps, else you can forget about it until another caregiver (hubby) comes back. Even so, the above phenomenon will keep playing in your mind and drives you crazy.

Before your child was born, you can take 20-minute showers. Now, if you can do a 2-minute one, it's already a luxury. That's motherhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment