Friday, December 21, 2012

Santa Claus The Musical

Yes, I survived the company year end event!! Dinner at High Society wasn't very eventful, except we found out that P is afraid of Santa Claus. The event organizer we were working with managed to get the star of the musical (Santa Claus) to make a short appearance at our dinner. P was totally petrified when he walked in and made a short intro. She clambered on me for security, and my mind was all on the possibility of her crying through the musical later when Santa makes his stage appearance.

Food was ok, but they took too much time to serve the main course. Dessert was supposed to be our choice of cupcake from their cupcake counter, but we were running out of time do I suspected my boss gave them instructions to serve the same cupcake to everyone. I think we got the hazelnut one, which was a bit hard but very nice and rich. We gave out goodie bags to the children, and vouchers to the employees and that pretty much rounded up Part I.

Part II was the musical itself. To be honest, it's the first time myself and hubby attended such musicals and we were feeling quite out of place. The Grand Theater is situated on L1, one floor above High Society. There was a long q at the ladies next to the Theater, so you really have to buffer some time. The musical would be 2 hour long with a 25 min intercession.

The start of the musical saw a jaw-dropping P. She was totally overwhelmed with the action, and stayed on her booster seat almost all the way. The only time she strayed was when Santa appeared from the side door. She jumped onto me, but was content to go back to her booster seat after she got used to the sight of Santa. The energetic dancing, the dazzling lights, the characters (especially the penguins) all appealed to P. It entertained her so much that I was able to sit next to get comfortably and not worry about her usual 'can't stay in one place' antics.


Intercession soon came, and we headed out with the intention of doing a diaper change for P. To my dismay, there isn't any baby changing facility in the restrooms. I checked with a staff and they said they don't have any, but she offered a 'crying room' to us, which can be found when you enter Door 5. It's on the right of the entrance to Door 5.
With mama during intercession
With papa during intercession

Second part of the musical didn't seem as exciting as the first part. P still watched the action though, and her good behaviour is really worth praising. I prayed for her good behaviour and I got it, yay! About 15 min before the show ends, the corner of my eye caught P nodding off. Yes, the 'lil one is truly tired already. I cradled her and she slept amidst the loud sound effects and clapping of the audience.

With the success of this musical, I might seriously consider paying good money to bring P for future ones. Today also marks P's 16 months. You're really growing fast my dear!


No comments:

Post a Comment