Friday, December 21, 2012

X'mas came early, no way!

Hubby went for his lessons yesterday evening, leaving me to handle the 'lil one alone. She ate plenty of yogis, asked for water, played with my wedding photos and photo desk calendar. Very busy indeed.

After I bathed her, I went to the kitchen to make her a bottle of gripe water. She stayed in her playroom and I could hear her struggling to get something, and getting frustrated. I couldn't find the spoon that I usually use to measure the amount of gripe water, and through SMS found out from hubby he threw it away coz he didn't know I used that medicine spoon, and it kept felling into the sink -_-. Noise of her frustration continued till I fgured out the gripe water, and I went in to check on her.

P had her hands on a box in a Takashimaya paper bag. Yes, it's a Hello Kitty kitchen playset I got for her sometime back and intended to open it only on X'mas day. It wasn't wrapped coz I figured she doesn't know the significance of wrapping paper (or rather unwrapping a present) yet. She saw me and asked for help by pointing insistently to the box, outright implying that I should open it for her immediately. I told her 'No' and her face fell, sign of impending meltdown. I took the box out of the paperbag just to show her, and she pointed to it and ask me to open again. No, my 'lil one, let's wait till X'mas, just 5 days away.

I walked to my room and she valiantly tried to lift the box and follow behind me. Took me awhile to distract her from the playset...

Hubby and I will be busy on X'mas eve. There's a Little Tikes Spray and Rescue truck that is also meant as a X'mas present for P, and that will be assembled by hubby on X'mas eve. I will be unpacking that kitchen set and cleaning it, together with the remaining 2 boxes of Mother Garden playset (which I'll probably just open 1 first).

And oh, the world didn't end today, so Santa will be kept busy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment