Friday, December 7, 2012

Surprise me!

Made plans to meet hubby at hub after work to do some grocery shopping. We were supposed to meet at B1 Pinsi for dinner, but I saw a flurry of children christmas activities at B1, and told myself P would surely like this and I should have asked hubby to bring her along. Guess who's waiting for me outside Pinsi? Yes, hubby and P! I really didn't expect him to bring her along, so it was truly a pleasant surprise.

Hubby decided on New York New York instead of Pinsi, and we got a seat hitch allows P to watch the small water fountains outside. She's really into these spurting jets of water, no matter where she sees it. Strangely though, she hates to have water on her face. Even with her shampoo shield, some water will still trickle down her face during her bath and she would scramble to get out of the tub.

It must have been the throng of people walking past the restaurant that captured P's attention, not to mention the attention that staff at NYNY were lavishing on her, that we managed to have our dinner peacefully. She did try to climb out of her highchair once or twice, but compared that to constant escape thoughts during most of our meals, this is considered good behaviour already.

Our routine at hub will surely include a kiddy ride on the 3rd floor outside DBS bank, so off we go after dinner. P chose to ride with Oscar from Sesame Street. I'm glad P is not at the age whereby she asks for more rides yet. Once the vehicle stops moving, she will ask to be carried out of it, sometimes even gesturing 'no more' with her hands.

During the dinner, we have noticed that the pair of sandals that P is wearing is already too small for her. Her toes were peeking beyond the sole. My bad, this pair of sandals (Size 4 from Fox Baby) has been left with my in laws for their use when P is over at their place. I knew that her feet is growing super quickly, but didn't occur to me to check on the shoes at in law's place. We headed to Cerisi and got P a new pair of sandals, with plenty of room for her feet to grow, and yet secured enough so that it doesn't fall out (like the other pair we bought). By the way, Cerisi really sells decent shoes at affordable prices, plus they are having 20% off right now. I really have no reason not to buy, $13.50 for a pair of sandals, I hardly see that anywhere already. Kid shoes are so expensive today, costing even more than adult shoes, ugh!

Last stop is NTUC to do our grocery shopping. The aisle entering from the entrance is another toy heaven. Rows and shelves of toys which P took delight on touching. She tried to see what a girl (probably about 5-6 years old) was doing with a microphone, and was snubbed with "不要动啊". I brought her attention to another machine, but she saw a row of toy dogs which warrant more attention. The sales staff came over, switched on the toy dog and placed it on the floor. The dog started to bark and move forward, then wagged its tail at P. P was delighted and kept waving to the dog, but she soon realised that the dog was coming too close to her and she started retreating. Hubby and I looked at each other, and we laughed. P was very intrigued by the dog and after the sales staff shut it off and passed to P, she refused to let go. Hubby surprised me by asking whether we should get it for her (he usually dislikes my toy exploits and threaten to throw them out), and of coz I agreed *grin*.

The 'lil one insisted on holding her 'dog' till we reached home.

No comments:

Post a Comment