Monday, July 2, 2012

Safe Haven

Most mornings, P will usually just wake up on her own, look around to get get bearings and then finally burst into babble to wake us up. Today, she woke up and burst into tears. My cooing and patting didn't work on her, so I picked her up and the crying stopped immediately. She then nestle herself into the crook of my neck and lay there contentedly. I love the feeling. It's as if she feels safe in my arms, feeling the warmth from my body radiating to her. We indulged in 10 min of cuddling before I brought her out for a diaper change. Times like this, I really hate to leave for work.

Anyway, I received news yesterday from my friend that her sister has given birth. This girl is probably about 24 years old, still in the last lap of her university life. What amazes me is that she managed her birth without epidural! I have great admiration for people who do natural birth without epidural. My birth was induced and I only felt a little contractions somewhat like menstrual cramps, nv got a chance to experience the full blown since I was on epidural already. For my friend's sister, I think it was too late to administer by the time she got to hospital. Most importantly, both mother and daughter are safe. I love birth stories! Here's presenting Ferlyn Teo.

No comments:

Post a Comment