Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Say "Apple"

MIL texted me to tell me that P has learnt to say "apple". This morning when I carried her to the alphabets charts and asked her "where's meow?" and "where's fish?", she is able to point them out correctly. She can be so smart at times, and so clueless at others. Can't get enough of her...

MIL went for a heart operation at SGH yesterday afternoon. Op was supposed to start at 2, so I was expecting to see her when I get to hospital after work. In the end, she only came out at about 8pm. Its so scary that our parents are ageing. At my MIL's age, she should be retired and enjoying days with her grandchildren, but she still has to slog because the youngest of her 5 kids is still in school. There are household expenses to cover, so stressful for her. My mom is better off, younger of 2 kids going into the working world. She's no longer working and looking forward to spend 2 days with her grandchild every week.

As much as I want to have more children, I'm scared to become my MIL in future. Burden is so much heavier with more kids. And as parents, you should not expect to live off your children when you are old, so it's not like more children = more returns.

P is becoming more adept at stability. From the way she is walking in her walker, can see that her toddler days are not far ahead. She's also more willing to let go of objects to stand on her own. I might need my running shoes really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment