Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Blessing

Went with mom to Orchard Central today. There's a SPH GSS event and my mom got a text message that she's been picked to enter the challenge. Already a long queue when we arrived, and we soon found out what the challenge was. Upon registration, they will provide you with a form that you need to complete. Then you join the queue. When your turn arrives, you crush the entry form into a ball, pick one racket and try to hit the ball into a car with 2 of the side windows turned down. If you are successful, you get to enter the draw for a car.

Sadly, mom did not manage to do that. She hit so hard that the ball flew out of the fence/barricade. There goes the car, so we made our way on foot to Takashimaya where I tried to scourge the baby fair again. Very tempted to get a sack and seat, which can turn any chair into a high chair, but I can imagine my hubby's wtf face, so mission abolished.

Grabbed a late lunch at Kaffir & Lime at Paragon. It's under Thai Express and menu is so similar that I wonder why they have to give it another name. Despite the crowd, food was surprisingly quick to serve, and tastes good too! We ordered mango salad, sambal kangkong, chicken with cashew nuts, and Tom Yum soup. For desserts, I had red ruby and mom had some chendol looking thing. A lot of food yeah? And we finished the food! Thankfully, P slept till dessert, so lunch was overall a pleasant experience with minimal disruptions.

Went for evening mass, and P was super cranky throughout. No amount of rocking or cajoling can get her to sleep or quieten down. I spent the bulk of the time outside the main church since she was making noises of frustration. This workout is much more effective than my gym, for when I finally passed her back to hubby, I could feel my arms aching.

Today is the last weekend mass of he month, which means there's going to be 'Blessing of Expectant Parents'. I had almost forgotten about this. When the expectant parents took their spots in front of the church and receive the blessings, a sudden rush of emotions came over me. I must have been crazy, or PMS-sy, for I teared! I really feel so touched, and an image of me, hubby and P going up together in future flashed by my mind.

I guessed all the Facebook pictures of friends giving birth or heavily pregnant really got to me. I feel so envious, and makes me wanna start Project #2 soon. However, hubby's facing some instability at work and it's really not a good time. Patience my friend!!

A diaper change + feed at 313 Somerset's nursing room. Big and comfy, I like!


No comments:

Post a Comment