Saturday, August 11, 2012

Aloha Changi Birthday Bash

P had a joint birthday celebration with her aunt Marilyn and uncle Justin today.

We went to collect P's birthday cupcakes from Sweetest Moments at about 2.45pm, and arrived at the Aloha Changi Chalet at about 3.15pm. Upon arrival, I immediately put on an insect repellant patch for P. Shortly after, hubby started complaining of mosquito bites. I had known long ago that hubby is super prone to mosquito bites. Even if we are standing next to each other during whichever mosquito infested event, the mosquitoes will only attack him. Was worried that P might take after him, so I went armed with 3 mosquito patches - one for hubby, 1 for P and 1 for spare (which I decided to use for myself upon seeing the damage on hubby's leg by the blood sucking creature). As guests start arriving, many of them started coming to ask me for insect repellent because their kids got bitten. I was super surprised that I'm the only parent who came prepared, and P is probably the only kid who escaped mosquito bites. Lesson for parents out there: If you are heading to some chalet that you have never been before, better prepare insect repellent just in case.

P is able to walk with support now, much like operating a puppet who has a mind of its own. She happily walked us around the whole chalet, then walked us to the BBQ pit, while shouting and screaming with joy at anyone in sight. Her excitement is infectious, and anyone who saw her has to break into laughter.

She must have exhausted herself with all that excitement, for she got quite tired when the party starts. She napped through the first part of the party, waking only when we were about to do the cake cutting. Man, she woke up and morphed into a cranky baby, plus she stuck to me like glue. No one can detach her from me for more than 5 min. After my hands start to protest, I decided to put on her shoes and she resumed her earlier enthusiasm of walking around and shouting at people, haha.

Cake cutting was great. 3 cake types in total:
1. Uncle Justin's 21st birthday cake from Pine Garden, Roulette theme
2. Aunty Marilyn's 18th birthday ice cream cake from Swensens
3. P's 1st birthday cupcakes from Sweetest Moments
Video of P's birthday song can be found here.

I'm starting to worry about her own birthday party next week. If she turns out as cranky as today, then I'm in big trouble. Plus my mom won't be around to help coz she's attending my cousin's ROM. Ugh, really have to pray hard!!
P at Aloha Changi Chalet B
Uncle Justin's 21st Birthday
Aunty Marilyn's 18th Birthday
Pearlin's 1st Birthday
P and Godma
Yippee, presents!!
Spent a long time dialing out to my friends telling them it's my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment