Sunday, August 26, 2012

eXplorer Kid Race

Today is the day of the eXplorer Kid Baby & Junior Race. We made our way to Downtown East after mass. Was somewhere at Pasir Ris when I received a call from my panicky mother asking where we are because the race is starting. I told her it can't be coz they communicated reporting time to be between 1.15pm-1.45pm.

Anyway, we got there and found out that they are starting the race for batch 1. There are 10 lanes and 80 babies for each category, so babies race in bathes of 10. P was to be in Lane 6 for Batch 3. Met a fellow Sep mommy and her girl is in the same race as P, an in the lane next to P.

Whistle went off and P sat there for super long observing the crowd. The object (ELC buggy toy) meant to entice her to crawl was totally at the back of her mind. She was more interested in watching the crowd. After a while, she started moving and almost crawled out of lane. Distracted her back on course and she sat down and... clapped. I almost died laughing! In the end, she barely bat an eyelid at the buggy toy, so I gestured the "carry me" sign and she crawled towards me at top speed. Sigh, if only she did that earlier. Her timing for the race was about 1.09 minute, and she and her sep baby counterpart took the last 2 placings respectively muahaha. Here's the video of her race.

That was the end of P's 1st sports meet. The outcome was disappointing but she did give us a lot of laughter on the race course, which I think is more important than any medals/prizes she can bring back.

No comments:

Post a Comment