Sunday, August 5, 2012

Self Taken Pic

P took a pic of herself using my iPhone this morning. Haha, I guess she needs to improve on her photography skills.


She played all the way till mass. Needless to say, she was super tired by the time we got to church. Before the entrance hymn ended, she was asleep on my shoulders, and remained that way till mass ended. Papa Jon and I were congratulating each other on the easy way we got through mass today. Who knows, that was the beginning of our afternoon nightmare.

When afternoon comes, it was a turnaround situation: Tired parents v Energiser Bunny. All we wanted to do is take a nap, while all she wanted to do is play and play. When we tried to put her to sleep, we failed terribly (like duh!). And it's hard to take a nap when you have to keep an eye on her. After a long battle, energiser bunny became super cranky bunny. I kind of had enough of her crying and crankiness, and decided to bring her out. Hubby was worried that I won't be able to cope alone, so he tagged along.

Brought P to Junction 8, and boy, was she a changed baby. I almost thought she has multiple personalities. Crankiness switched off, and shes happy as a bird. We were done with our shopping within 45 min, and decided to stop by Bishan Park on our way home. I vaguely recall seeing people flying kites the last time I was there on an weekend, so we went to check it out.

Bishan Park is very crowded on weekends, compared to weekday morning when I used to jog while still on maternity leave. There is an area for dogs to roam around, so hubby suggested bringing her there. She had a fill of running, yelping, panting dogs, after which we went to the playground and she had a go at the swing. There were lots of kids with in line skates, and it looks like skating lessons were bring conducted. Just when we were about to leave, we saw a huge spring kite in the sky, which P happily pointed out to us.

Back home, cranky bunny mode again. Took 15 min of full fledged crying before I finally put her to bed. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment