Tuesday, August 21, 2012

P turns 1

21 August 2012 - P turns 1! I can hardly believe it's been 1 year since her birth. Look at how much she has grown from her 2.975kg birth weight.


Started the morning with a preschool visit. I have been sourcing for her preschool for some time, intending to put her in at 18 months so that she can learn more stuff compared to being at home with my mom and MIL's maid. There's a Sparkletots that is about 2 blocks from my house, and all along I thought it wasn't opened yet. Last week at work, I chanced upon a website with their contact number and called them up to check if they are opening up for business. To my horror, they have started on 1 August and the wait list is already 40+ people. I've asked them to put me on wait list and I frantically started to search for early preschools, and also put myself on wait list for My First Skool via their website.

This morning's preschool visit was to Nobleland Arts N Learning Place, located at Peminpin Place, which is 4 bus stops from my house. It is a private estate type of school, 2 stories and about 5 classrooms. The centre opened in October last year, so there isn't a K2 class yet. The Chinese teacher greeted me at the door, and showed me around the place. Subsequently, the principal came and we sat down to talk. P isn't a patient sitter, as in she will not just sit in your lap and watch/listen to you talk. She struggled and I had no choice but to set her on the floor. Her newfound mobility is scary, she ventured around the room while we talked, grabbing brochures and throwing them out of the gate. When one of the lessons ended and kids moved to the kitchen area, she followed them by walking behind them. I daresay she thought she's already one of the students. I followed her to the kitchen area and kids were putting on aprons, presumably for an art lesson. There P stood and banged the table, as if asking why the lesson is not starting yet. I caught her and brought her back to the main door to continue the conversation with the principal, but she refused to be good. She pushed hard against me in an attempt to come down. I was super embarrassed. The Chinese teacher must have seen my predicament, and told me she will bring P to join in the playgroup class for some free play (they were playing with toys and blocks). Sigh, to think I thought she will be stranger-shy, but I guess fun is all that matters to her. 有玩具没妈妈. Anyway, seeing how she reacted at the preschool, I'm quite keen to enrol her. Monthly fees are $585 after government subsidy.

We got home and P took a long 2 hour nap after her preschool rampage. After she woke up, we left for Hokey Pokey (again!). There were many Koreans and Caucasians today, and their babies were the hostile type. P got snubbed many times when she tried to join in the fun.











When using the slide, P slided into a boy who was climbing up the slide. His mom tried to extricate P from her boy, and when she saw P, she burst into "Hey Pearlin!". That was one of my Sep FB mommies, who had brought her sons to Hokey Pokey. Best of all, her younger son Reagan was born on the same day as P. Such a coincidence eh! Happy Birthday Reagan!


Hubby said he would try to leave work earlier to join us, but that didn't happen in the end. However, he came to fetch us and we had TCC at Millennia Walk to celebrate her birthday. P slept through our main course, waking up only when we were finishing our drinks. Ordered a slice of strawberry cake and sang her a birthday song. That marks the end of our day.


Happy Birthday my dear! Mommy loves you so much! Stay healthy and happy :)



7 comments:

  1. Hi there! I chaned up your blog when trying to find reviews of Nobleland. I was wondering if you eventually enrolled your daughter to the school and how was it? Appreciate your sharing =) my email is weisemo_fen@msn.com

    By the way, my son also celebrated his birthday at Aloha Changi this Feb. Luckily the mosquito at the one we booked was pretty mild. We all kinda escape their attack.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi weisemo,

    Thanks for dropping by.

    I've dropped you a note at your email. Do check it out.

    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I would like to hear your comments on Nobleland too if you dont mind. I live just 3 houses away and thinking of enrolling my daughter there in Jan2014. Visited them this morning but right under my nose a chinese teacher screamed at her top of her voice on a boy who was trying to use a slipper to hit another gal. There should be a better way to teach than scream. I dont want to hurt my child's confidence that way. Hope to hear from you. My email address is sher_yeo@yahoo.com.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, can I ask if you enrolled for nobleland? any feedback on the enrichment program provided by the centre?

    Many thanks!

    Kelly (witchz@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, would like to find out if you had eventually enrolled your daughter to nobleland? would you be able to share your experience / feedback?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Would like to listen your feedback and experience too .. I have decide to put him at nonleland too but is New brand at punggol
    I hope U can give me some review .. I'm worry got my baby

    Many thank
    Angelize.lee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi..

    I chanced upon your blog too. Could I trouble you for your inputs on nobleland? Thanks so much!

    (liyana.siti@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete