Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The 1 year old jab

Yes, it's official, all parties are over.

I brought P for her 12th month jab today, think it's the MMR. I've never bothered what kind of jabs she is undergoing, for we have a great doc who is P's granduncle (MIL's brother). As long as he said to bring her for jab, we'll do so. He has a clinic at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4 and the location is just an added bonus.

P weighs in at 9.5kg, 76cm, 75 percentile. Dr. Granduncle says she is definitely eating and growing well. That 9.5 kg weight is also building muscles on my arms because she keeps clambering to be carried. Then, time for the jab. Clinic assistant tried distracting her, but didn't work. When the needle went in, she cried and screamed for the next 2 minutes. Dr. Granduncle tried to pacify her with sweets, but she turned away in anguish and cried on my shoulders. Even after exiting the room, she was still sobbing and crying. Poor girl.

Passed by the hub on our way home, so I brought her to NTUC to play with some toys. Haha, yes, I'm cheapo. I'm quite determined not to buy anymore toys for P because she can only appreciate it for 3 minutes. After that, the toy is deleted from her memory. Ever since I realised that, I've been bringing her to places like Toys R Us and other toy stores for her to just fiddle with the toys. The lil' one also refused to sit in the shopping trolley, so I had no choice but to put on her shoes and let her walk around. She went to the baby section to explore
*touch baby gift sets*
*poke at the bolsters and pillows*
*pick up a milk powder dispenser and show it to me*
*pick up another milk powder dispenser and clap them together*

Needless to say, she was quite tired by the time we reached home, drifted off to lalaland within 10 minutes. Hubby came home for lunch and after P woke up from her nap, we went to J8 for Watami. P's appetite has increased. She used to be able to finish only half a jar of Heinz baby food, but now she can polish off the whole jar. In addition to that, she ate some rice, tofu and egg from our meal. Hubby went back to work after lunch, and I decided to bring P to Bishan Library. There were very little people at the kids' section, so I didn't feel very paiseh when P started muttering and raising her voice. Subsequently, more kids came along and a 1-year-old boy (I think he should be a Jan/Feb baby, coz he is very mobile and can speak some words already) started to play with P. He ran around the library and P followed him. She tried to run too, but kept falling. It was funny to watch!


Flipping through a Baby Bible


No comments:

Post a Comment