Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy National Day

A National Day without P, what did we do? Hubby celebrated by partying out the whole night, coming home only at 7.30am with McDonald breakfast to pacify the wife. He pretty much conked out after his bath, so I had a relaxing time in front of the tv and ironing board (to iron my week's worth of clothes).

After he had some decent sleep, we made our way to Orchard to get presents for his siblings whose birthdays were around the corner. Lunch at Ion Swensens and grabbed 4 cupcakes from Marmalade Pantry on our way home. Have you tried the cupcakes? I first tried it when my ex-boss bought a huge box to P's full month party. There must have been at least 10 of them, and I gave some away to in laws. The moment I tried it, I regretted giving them away. The icing is not too sweet, and the cake itself is so soft and moist. I'd gladly run 10 rounds on the track to eat 1 of those.

Came home, took a nap, watched bits and pieces of the NDP on TV, then went out for dinner. Contemplated going to the coffee shop near my mom's house to have dinner, and also sneak a peek at P, but I know my mom will be on the defensive ("Why are you here?! She's not going home with you tonight!"), so ended up eating somewhere near our place.

Overall a very relaxing day, even though I did ironing, laundry, wiping around the house. Thanks for being 47 so I can enjoy this day! Happy birthday Singapore! My girl will turn 1 in 12 days' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment