Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Battle for P

Getting a headache from P's caregiving arrangements this week.

Usual week for P
Monday: MIL's maid (daytime), we bring her back after work
Tuesday: MIL's maid (daytime), we get P from MIL's place, and P goes home with my mom
Wednesday: My mom
Thursday: My mom (daytime), they bring her back to my place at night
Friday: MIL's maid (daytime), we bring her back after work for the weekends

National Day falls on Thursday this week, plus MIL's maid cannot take care of P on Friday because they are checking into a chalet on Friday. This chalet is meant to be a joint birthday celebration for SIL, BIL and P, but we will only be bringing P there on Saturday evening.

So, I told my mom to come and pick P up on Thursday evening, and we will go pick P up on Saturday afternoon to go to the chalet. Then, my mom kicked up a big fuss about having P for just 1 day instead of her usual 2 days. She ended the call with "I don't care. I will come and pick her on Wednesday night!" Ugh, do I even have to go through this? Waited so long to have a public holiday, and I can't spend it with P? Hubby could hear bits and pieces of our phone conversation, and he sat beside me and sighed.

Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment