Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hokey Pokey

I had thought that my in laws were checking out of the Aloha Changi chalet on Sunday, but it turns out that they were checking out only yesterday. Called my mom to see if she could take in P on Sunday night, but she had some appointment on Monday morning, so I found myself emailing my boss on Sunday afternoon to apply for childcare leave the next day.

Started the day by bringing P down to the rooftop garden for a walk. She pointed to a cat, played at the playground and snacked on Happy Baby yoghurt snacks. After taking her bath, I let her choose her brunch menu and she chose this:

Review on the Plum Organics Multigrain Super Greens
  • I got this from iherb, much cheaper than getting from stores in Singapore
  • This contains organic peas, organic spinach, organic long grain brown rice, organic pearled barley. All sounds so healthy, and most importantly, I wanted P to like greens
  • The first thing that came to mind when I saw the contents is that P pooped in the packet. Ya, it really looks kinda gross, both texture and color
  • After you get over the visual image, the contents actually smells quite nice. If blindfolded, I would definitely chomp down on this
  • P took about 8 mouthfuls and stopped. Maybe she was sleepy, maybe she didn't like being fed in her walker, but more than half the packet was left.
  • Overall, not very successful *sigh*
After that super meal, P napped for 2 hours, which gives me plenty of time to get ready for the Hokey Pokey trip. Hokey Pokey is an indoor playground located at Suntec City 3rd floor. It is somewhere near the kids retail area (between the cinema and the Toys R Us), smack right next to the Groupon store. I got to know of Hokey Pokey through my Sep FB Group. Some of the mommies have brought their babies there, and reviews have been positive. Cost of entry is $25 for non-members (1 child and 1 accompanying adult), and unlimited play on weekdays. My mom had a NTUC card, which gives us a 10% discount. Additional adult cost $5, but they allow swapping.
2.5 hours - That's how long we spent in Hokey Pokey. It took me 4 tries to get P and grandma (my mom) out of the play area. Even after coming out, P would look back at the play area longingly. I had to assure her that I'll bring her back someday.

Overall, it was a positive experience
  • Staffs were wiping the toys constantly, so I'm quite happy with the hygiene level.
  • There's a huge array of toys there, it's almost impossible to complete playing each one of them in 1 day. This is good for someone like P, whose enthusiasm for a toy only lasts 3 seconds.
  • The entire play area is cushioned. So I feel quite at ease for my crawler to crawl around without bumping herself.
  • I would definitely bring her back for another visit.
    First toy of the day - Mr. Penguin. Fun was spoiled by a boy who came and whacked the penguin reall hard while we were playing.
    
    Bubbles time! P had great fun trying to pop the bubbles.
    
    What is an indoor playground without a ball pit? We love colored balls!
The slide that drops you into the ball pit. P enjoyed this the most!
P and grandma in the ball pit
Activity tables for active kids

Miniature pianos for the aspiring musicians. All P did was to slam really hard on the key notes.
Red piano - Mama's fav color

I called out her name and all sorts of other things to get her attention, but sorry, she only has eyes for the toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment